• History of our business
• Why are tortillas important to Mexican culture?
• What is the traditional way of making tortillas by hand?
• How does Mi Jacalito make tortillas for business? What are the steps?
• What is the Nixtamalization process- Time, Alkaline input, Health Benefits
• Demonstration of tortilla making
• Hands on practice for participants (mixing and pressing tortillas)
• Demonstration on how to cook or reheat tortillas
• Favorite recipes with tortillas
Olivia and Gus Montalvo are the owners of Tortilleria Mi Jacalito, a small family owned and operated tortilla factory in Burlington, WA. They take pride in crafting high quality tortillas, made fresh daily with corn stone ground on site. Their passion for preserving the traditions of Mexican culture and cuisine is noted in the care they take with the production of their tortillas.